Sunday, April 19, 2009

Snot!

This is my fourth year teaching kindergarten so I have seen my fair share of snotty nosed kids. Each time I have seen a great deal of snot I am 110% grossed out. My first year of teaching I was even brought to the gagging level because of one little girl. Runny noses have always just made me sick to my stomach.

But now my sweet little daughter has some major allergies going...

...and everything has changed. Instead of looking at her with disgust, I look at her with a broken heart wishing I could make it all go away. I wipe, I suck it out with the bulb looking thing, I vaporize, I give warm vapor baths, and I am not even the least bit grossed out with any of it. I love her - and her snot.

Will this change how I feel about my students' snotty noses? Probably not. It's amazing what being a mom can do to you.

No comments: