Saturday, June 11, 2011

Youth Camp Mini Lesson

Cody and I went to our church's youth camp this past week. We've been sitting in with high school seniors since January so we can be prepared to work with the group next year. To say they are awesome would be an understatement. But in order for us to go to camp we had to bring Miss K with us. :) That wasn't always an easy task - the rec time was during her nap time (which was also the hottest part of the day) so Mama and K didn't get to participate in that...too bad those kids didn't see my mad skills huh? ;) And a lot of the fun stuff at night was WAY after her bedtime so I would have to leave early. The messages were of course way over her head, but when I would take her back for nap time or bedtime I would try to read some of the same scripture to her or talk about the same thing, but on a more basic-I'm-two-years-old-level. :P I was so excited when the guest pastor referenced Zacchaeus because I knew Kaitlyn knew a song about him. That's where the below video is from. :) My favorite thing from camp though was when we were walking to breakfast one day and Kaitlyn saw all the youth walking and she threw up her hands and said, "All these people praying to God." Love it! :)

*Reminder to myself to repost the video since I moved this entry from my old blog*

1 comment:

Heather said...

*Because I moved this from my old blog*

maci said...

This is so awesome! I'm happy to see that Kaitlyn is being brought up in a good Christian home! You guys are a blessing!
June 11, 2011 at 7:14 AM