Thursday, June 25, 2015

Thursday Randomness

Look at me blogging three times in three days.  I deserve a cookie.

Or maybe a bundt cake.  ;)  Because these June featured flavor ones are soooooo amazing!!!  We bought a variety of the bundtlets for Leigh Anne and Matt's baby shower and the strawberry cream flavor was part of that variety.

Um.  Wow.

As Leigh Anne said, "It tastes like summer!"

So I might have just had to get one the other day before I headed to my parents house to help plan their Disney FastPasses. (Oh, I'm a Disney vacation planner too, but that should for sure be another blog post.)  I bought both my parents one, one for me, one for K, and one to take home to Cody later.

So yeah.  I was the girl that went and bought five bundtlets with lots of people in line behind me probably judging me.  I don't even care - they are soooooo good.

Okay, I think you get the idea.  ;)



I mean that icing!  Come on now!!

Darcy got her normal summer haircut too.  We usually cut her "skirt" off once a year just to restart it and because it's just more comfortable for her when it's super hot.  I think it's safe to say that Darcy hates going to the groomer and the groomer hates Darcy being there.  Her progress report this time said she was very difficult and they recommend we take her to the vet to get groomed next time.

Awesome.  We have THAT dog.  

Good thing she's sweet at home!


**************************************************************

Last night Cody (after devouring his bundt cake), K, and I headed out to a local concert.  Arlington has this really fun pavilion called the Levitt and in the summer they have a free concert series.  There was a group called Vocal Trash performing last night and all their instruments were made from recycled materials.  They weren't anything amazing, but it was a fun night out.  I even saw one of my sweet first graders and her family out there.  The weather was perfect and it was fun to be outside as a family.  



K really wanted to use her binoculars even if we were pretty close to the stage.

We giggled about this picture because my arm looks weirdly skinny because of the way it is against the chair.
*************************************************************

Today K and I headed to the local children's theater with Candy, Cadie, and Chloe to see their production of Sleeping Beauty.  The cast was all 9-12 year olds and it was super cute!  We walked over to Fuzzy's for lunch after, and later ended up at our house so the girls could play together some more.  They are moving back to Paris (Paris, Texas friends - don't get too excited) and we will miss being able to get together like this! 



Give these girls some crayons and paper and they are good to go!  Notice the dance costume on K and the Elsa costume on Chloe.


************************************************************

K has also been trying to be very independent in pretty much everything she can lately.  While I love some of it, some of it just breaks my heart because I know she won't need me for as much once she gains that independence.  :(

One thing she's been trying to take on is putting her hair up.  She's even practiced her ponytail skills on me.

Oh my ow!

But today she was practicing in her bathroom and then skipped out so proud of herself with this hairstyle.  She was so cute with all her proudness!


Apparently Darcy wanted to show us her backside too.  ;)

Cody was later coming home today because he went to help his mom get a new piece of furniture from an antique store.  I tell you what, there is nothing more attractive than a man who comes home with his dress shirt from work all untucked with the sleeves rolled up after he has helped his mother move something heavy.  I so love him. 

I digress…

Since I didn't know what time Cody was coming home, I needed something quick and easy for dinner tonight.  I went to one of my go to dinners and thought I would share it for the blog world in case anyone else needs a quick and easy dinner as well.  

I'm not even sure you consider this cooking.  It's really just heating things up.  All you need is:
*A bag of your favorite frozen meatballs
*A jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
*A can of Rote

Dump it all in a pot and cook it until the meatballs are finished.  So simple and so good!  Put some parmesan cheese on top, make a side salad, maybe some bread, and you're good to go. 

I don't normally take pictures at the table, but I know one day I'll want to remember moments like this, and because blog.  ;)  Also, don't judge the pot on the table.  It's one less dish to wash by not plating the meatballs on something else!

Tomorrow is when K finally competes in Nationals.  I honestly don't think her mini group will place.  It's their first year together and the competition is tough!  I'll be thrilled if they do, but my main hope is that they will have a blast tomorrow!  I think their line dance with the entire company has a really good chance of moving on.  We'll see tomorrow!  

Tomorrow also happens to be my groom's birthday!  :)  Happy early birthday Cody Bush!!!  I love you so very much!



1 comment:

Leigh Anne said...

I'm going to need you to keep up this awesome blog streak (or I'll have to pace myself better and not read them right away if you stop blogging so consistently!).

1. Poor Darcy and her bad vet report! You should read Melanie Shankle's recent blog post about how her dogs got kicked out of doggy day care ;)
2. STRAWBERRY BUNDT CAKE. that is all. Oh, we should go get one on Tuesday too.
3. Those pig tails. I can't.
4. I may have read your post at 2:30 am & wanted those meatballs. It took everything in me not to get up and have some leftover lasagna.