Monday, March 17, 2008

First Sonogram

Our first sonogram was this past Thursday, March 13th - which also happened to be Open House at my school, but there was no way I was going to pass this up. I left a little early from school and headed to my doctor in Mansfield. It took me almost 45 minutes to get there (I work in North Arlington) and I had not been nervous at all until I was in the car by myself thinking about what was about to happen. I kept thinking crazy things like what if there was no heart beat, or what if there was something else wrong and I had already told all these people we were pregnant. I tried so hard to get these thoughts out of my head, but I was so nervous about the whole thing that I was literally shaking. Cody had been working out of town all week, but was going to meet me at the doctor's office so he could be a part of this too. I guess I was more nervous than I thought and completely missed the turn to the doctor's office and Cody was already there so he was watching me and laughing the whole time as I was making my u-turn to get back to the doctor.

Anyway - to make a long story short (or shorter) everything was fine. We could see our baby right away - especially the head and the little arm buds. It was beyond anything I have experienced before. One arm was moving - I said it was waving and Cody says it was practicing it's curve ball. :) I cried. I just couldn't help it. There is a life inside of me and I was finally seeing it. Then the technician asked if we wanted to hear the heartbeat - of course! She turned up the volume on the machine and man did we hear it! So, being me, I cried again. Cody was squeezing my hand and he was just as amazed as I was. It was one of the best times in my life and I am so thankful to have such a wonderful and loving husband to share it with! I am still blown away that our love can actually create a little life. We got two pictures that are great, but they don't show exactly what we saw. When the frame was frozen the bottom of our baby got a little bunched up or something, but you can still see the head and little arm buds. Cody was so cute too when we were leaving. He told the receptionist that they really should have made a copy of the pictures for me since he would be taking the ones we had then. :)

I hated that I had to go to Open House right after the appointment - all I wanted to do was go home and stare at the pictures of our baby! But it was great to be able to show my teammates the pictures, and I finally told my principal that I was pregnant.

That sonogram was so relieving and amazing to me!!! I am so thankful everything so far is okay and that our baby seems healthy - I just pray it stays that way! I can't wait to see more pictures of our little one and to find out whether we're having a girl or boy!


1 comment:

Heather said...

*Because I moved this from my old blog*

Emily K said...

You have so many wonderful things to look forward to. Cherish every moment. And know that you have a ton of people praying for you all each step of the way. You are both incredible parents already! I can't wait to meet him or her.
March 17, 2008 at 3:38 PM