Saturday, August 7, 2010

Bow Helper

Kaitlyn has been on this helping kick lately and I must say - it's adorable. Just yesterday I brought home some things from school that were laminated and I was cutting them out in the living room. K picked up a piece that I had cut off and said, "Trash?" I told her that it was and she preceded to take that piece into the kitchen and throw it away for me. We have one of those trash cans that opens when it senses motion, which is part of the reason why I think she likes to throw trash away so much, but it makes me feel better about her doing so because I know she's not getting her hands all dirty. :)

So today I got out my bow making "stuff" (for lack of a better term) and she literally sat down on the mat and said, "Kaitlyn help." Oh I love her little heart right now. Makes me proud. :) So, she "helped" me as much as she could. I can't wait until she's a little older and we can start doing more craft projects together. Hmmm....maybe she needs some basic craft supplies that are just right for her age. Santa better get on that.

So here are some pictures of our progress.Helping measure.


She saw me put a pin in my mouth while I was working with ribbon, so when she did it I couldn't really tell her no. Way to go mom. Do as I say not as I do right? ;) But it sure makes for a cute picture. (And for all the gasping mothers out there - relax. I took it away and all of the clips, pins, etc. are oh so out of reach)



She was pretty much disinterested towards the end. Her tiger was much more entertaining. And please know that the tiger in NO WAY means she will like LSU. If she does she can hang out at Grandma and Granddaddy's house during college football season and not ours.

The finished product!

1 comment:

Heather said...

*Because I moved this from my old blog*

Jonathan & Ryley said...

Awww, so cute!!! Hope she keeps that lil helper mood :)

p.s. Such a cute bow!! I didn't know you made her bows :)
August 8, 2010 at 8:42 PM