Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Where Does the Time Go?

Today my daughter is 23 months old.

23 months.

That means she's only not two for a month. Um...how did this happen so quickly?? There is no way that it's almost been two years since we had her. Seriously - time must slow down.

But time won't slow down, and I'm actually afraid it's only going to keep getting faster from here. K will be starting a real preschool in two weeks as well. My baby - at a school. She will be having a set curriculum and even a chapel time - which I know will just be beyond cuteness.

But there's a part of my heart that hurts so much. My baby is no longer a baby. She's turning into a little girl. Gone are the days of being able to rock her (not that she was ever really big on that anyway...but just go with me on this) Gone are the days of cooing and those cute little baby giggles. My baby is almost two.

Now, don't get me wrong - this time has been so much fun. Seeing her discover the world is like nothing else. But man, going out is so much harder. I thought it was hard with a baby. Nope - I'd take baby any day over toddler. Just today at lunch she is screaming out, "Hi purple!" "Hi green!" "Hi red!" over and over. Yeah - you probably just smiled at the thought of that right? So cute right? Maybe the first ten times. Then it gets old - oh and usually a bit louder. And let's not even talk about what happens when she's not happy. I try to block those times out of my mind.

While it is heartbreaking to think of my baby as no longer a baby, I know what lies ahead will be so much fun. I can't wait until we can truly talk about her day together. I can't wait until she can tell me exactly what is making her so upset. I can't wait for her to ask me to go shopping. :) I know this is just the beginning of lots of mommy/daughter days ahead, but I sure am going to miss my baby days.

And here's a little preview for her upcoming birthday. We decided to do a fish/ocean theme since K loves fish right now. I already made her bow because I know my free time will get pretty scarce once I start teaching again. Plus, I'm really on a bow making kick right now - not like she doesn't have enough already. But big girls need bigger bows right? ;)

No comments: