Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Time


Being a teacher is the best job ever. I cannot even go into all the benefits it has to my heart, but one of the things I love most about it is that it's perfect for moms. I get to have summers off, spring break, and two weeks at Christmas time. Of course I've enjoyed the last two Christmas breaks with Kaitlyn, but this year it's so very different. She's beginning to know more of what is going on now. I'm not quite sure she understands the whole Santa thing, but she can recognize him and we keep telling her he's bringing her presents on Christmas. I love how when we drive by houses at night she'll scream for joy and say, "Oh! Look Mama! Lights!" Or how she'll point out a snowman or reindeer in someone's yard. She loves the song "Jingle Bells" and will sing it to you over and over. She's still a bit mixed up with parts of Christmas though. In nativity scenes she can name baby Jesus and Mary, but as of now Jonah is with Mary - not Joseph. And she doesn't call Christmas trees, Christmas trees - instead they are "trick or trees." :)
Christmas is always such a fun and exciting time, but there is nothing like experiencing it as a parent. I am always counting my blessings, and this year more so than ever. I can only imagine the joy that will come next year as K is even more aware of what Christmas means, and then one day the joy of knowing she has learned the true meaning of what God did for us all and why we celebrate Christmas each year.

No comments: