Thursday, January 3, 2013

Nothing to Something

Day 2 of She Reads Truth says this:

The Lord God takes the most basic thing of all – the dust of the earth – and he transforms it with the breath of his mouth and the touch of his glory and he makes it after His own image. Perfect. Complete.

Sisters, do you feel dry today? Do you feel ordinary, outcast, or rejected? Do you know that the same Lord God of power and perfection who breathed life into Adam and into that pile of dry bones can breathe new life into you? Do you know that this same God seeks out the despised and small and it is they that he chooses? It is they that He will exalt.

And he will make them – he will make you – perfect. Complete.

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come:The old has gone, the new is here!” 1 Cor 5:17

 Too often I let voices tell me that I'm not good enough to fulfill work for God.  Sure, I can teach but am I truly giving my all?  Am I making a different for the kingdom of God?  Am I a good enough mother and wife?  Am I encouraging others the way God wants me to?  I HATE those doubts that pop up so many times each day.  

What I NEED to do is rely on God.  He can take someone like me and make His purpose perfect through me.  That's hard for me though.  It's hard for me to let go of control of things - just ask my husband!  ;)

So, in true New Year's fashion - out with the old and in with the new!  

No comments: