Monday, July 20, 2015

7-20-15 Update

I swear, this has been the busiest summer I have ever had!  I think I've only had two days this whole summer when we didn't have something planned!

Is it weird that I'm actually craving the routine of the school year??  That, and maybe I'm just ready for Fall and the decor, the smells, the cooler weather….ahhhhh……

Okay, okay.  Back to the update.  Here are some things we've been up to lately.

We're headed back to Disney this Fall (might be another reason I'm excited Summer is going by quickly!) and of course my mama is up to her awesome clothes making ways.  I basically find something I like online, then go pick out fabric so my mom can create it.  It's awesome!!!  I can't wait for these ADORABLE shirts to come about!  I'm so pumped!!


I honestly don't know which shirt I'm most excited about!!  The one with the cute multicolored chevron is actually for her first day of 1st grade and not Disney.  :)

We'll be in Disney for K's birthday this time around.  I've already told her that she wasn't going to have a birthday party when she is in first grade because of the fact that I'm teaching first grade at her school, so….well….Disney just seemed like the natural choice!  :)  I mean if you're going to do something, do it big right?  It doesn't hurt that it will be at one of the least crowded times and there was free dining being offered!  Perks of being a Disney travel agent and knowing all these things!  ;)

So to make her birthday extra special, I have a few surprises up my sleeve.  The first surprise is that I booked Bippity Boppity Boutique.  I know, I know.  It's sooooo silly to pay that much for glitter and hairspray.  I know it.  But Kaitlyn doesn't and she will be on cloud 9!  Part of what makes that place so expensive is buying the dress.  I was doing the math and to get a dress there was going to cost around $130.  What??

Um. No.

So I first asked my mom what she thought about making one, and I basically got the, "I'm already doing 5 shirts for you while running my business and now you're waiting to tell me you want a princess dress" look and she suggested I look online.  :)  

Knowing my mom, she would have done it if I didn't' find anything, but I'm glad I decided to look online.  

Because this.


I can't even.  The thought of Kaitlyn wearing this on her birthday in Magic Kingdom pretty much makes my heart want to burst right now.  To top all that off, we'll be having her birthday dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table and I even ordered a birthday cake to come to our table that is decorated with Aurora!  Oh the pictures that will happen!!! 

The dress is perfect!!  It's the perfect color, it's so well made, and the price was ridiculously low.  I honestly can't believe the lady that makes these doesn't charge double what she is charging.  She is very talented!  

Oh September hurry up and get here!!!

All this planning was going on while Kaitlyn was at dance camp last week.  She seriously loves dance, and I love that she has found her "thing."  There is no dragging her to dance.  She adores going and loves practicing even more once she gets home.  Trust me, if she didn't love it there is no way I would make her go.  Believe me, I can think of a million other things to do with that tuition money!

So after a week of hard work, a few of the younger girls had a small pool party to celebrate the end of the week. 


This picture makes me smile so much!  Look at all that relaxing going on!

Cody also got his season tickets for the Cowboys this past week.  You talk about a man that was happy.  It was like Christmas morning for that guy.  :)



This is when he got excited about velcro.  Yep.  Velcro.

It doesn't take much to amuse him.  ;)


So happy!
I couldn't stop taking pictures!  His reactions were the best!!!

In other news, I've still been trying to get K to help me out in the kitchen more lately.  I want her to know the basics at least.  She loves helping too!  
We love our Anna and Elsa aprons!

K helped me make "fancy burgers."  These are seriously yummy and don't taste like your typical hamburger at all!  You know if I don't put cheese on something and I'm okay with it, it has to be tasty!

Whip up some mashed potatoes with your fancy burgers and your husband's plate will look like this at the end!  :)

We have even more to do this week as well!  Cody and I will be taking a short anniversary trip and Kaitlyn and I will be headed to do our before school girls' trip!  

Making memories!



1 comment:

Leigh Anne said...

Yay for posting!! And all the Disney. I can't even. So exited for yall & can't wait for those shirts! Cody and his tickets - love the play by play opening of them! And yeah - the end of summer beginning of fall has lots to be anticipated :) :) :)