Saturday, May 24, 2008

Her Name

We decided on a name!!! We had a few that we were playing around with, and then we decided on one and thought it best to sleep on it before we started telling people. So, we slept on it and still loved it so we are going to name her...

Kaitlyn Grace

There is no particular reason for Kaitlyn - we just really like the name. It's an Irish form of Katherine which means "pure." Grace was always our middle name we had picked out - just to remind us of God's grace. So basically the name we picked means pure grace and I don't think it can get much better than that! :)

Right after we found she was a she we told our parents and then Cody had to go back to work. I had taken the entire day off (I knew I didn't want to go back to school after such exciting news) so I did what any crazy new mom would do and went to BabiesRUs. I knew Cody had been hoping for a boy - and really, what guy doesn't want one? So I found a pink Rangers set complete with booties, hat, onesie, bib, and blanket. I also found Kaitlyn a little camo outfit so she can match her daddy during hunting season. And I just couldn't resist the Daddy's Little Cupcake outfit. I had to make myself stop though...I could have stayed in there forever! I was excited before, but knowing what she is and now having a name it makes it just that much more real to me and I cannot wait to meet her!!

Kaitlyn also got her first present from someone else. Linda Denson, my junior high principal, bought her a dress that is just too precious! I promise I won't keep taking pictures of everything, but since it's her first I just had too! :) (If you think the pictures are bad now just wait until she actually gets here!)








Kaitlyn's first official present :)

1 comment:

Heather said...

*Because I moved this from my old blog*

walkingbyfaith said...

I love the rangers stuff!! My hubby would appreciate that. :)

I love the name too!! We've been set on Kate Grace since before we got married. Kate is after my little sister, but we'll be calling her Gracie. Of course, everyone I know says not to get ready for a girl, b/c they all swear I'll have a boy first and we don't have boy names picked out. :P
May 24, 2008 at 6:45 PM