Wednesday, October 8, 2008

One Month Old

Wow - Kaitlyn is already one month old today. It's crazy - time has gone by so quickly!!! She's already a whole other baby since we brought her home. She is starting to eat more, stay awake more, and she's developing this wonderful little personality. :) I cannot even begin to express just how much I love this little girl - it's beyond any kind of happiness I could have ever imagined. So often you hear that, "You never know true love until you have a child." Well, I don't think it's quite that, because I have felt love from my family, friends, and oh so much love from Cody, but this is just a different type of love. And really, no words I put on this screen right now would do it justice.

We took Kaitlyn to the doctor yesterday for another check up and she's doing great. Actually the doctor called her perfect! :) She now weighs 7 pounds and 5 ounces, so she reversed her birth weight of 5 pounds 7 ounces. She's also 20 inches long. It's amazing to see her grow that much after so little time. I am just so very thankful to God that she is healthy and growing the way she is. And we still have 8 more days until her official due date! :)



1 comment:

Heather said...

*Because I moved this from my old blog*


Christina said...

She is so sweet! I love seeing her little eyes open! Love the hair too!
Christina S.
October 10, 2008 at 12:04 PM


Amanda said...

Ahhh absolutely adorable!!! Keep her away from parking garages since we are scared of them LOL!
October 10, 2008 at 12:21 PM