Thursday, September 25, 2008

There's No Place Like Home!

Dorothy hit the nail on the head - There IS no place like home!! We were so happy the day we got to take Kaitlyn home. It was one week and one day after she was born. I was so very happy, yet scared all at once. Before she had been hooked up to machines that told us the second anything was wrong. Now it was all our judgment. The first night was so nerve racking and I don't think Cody or I had any sleep. Rooming in at the hospital was scary too, but at least nurses and doctors were just a call away there. Not so at our house. But everything went great and we are just so very blessed to have her home!

The dress that she came home in is very special to my family. My dad actually bought it over 30 years ago for my cousin Michelle to go home in. Then each of the girl cousins wore it home from the hospital - including me. Kaitlyn is the first girl in the next generation so she was able to keep the tradition alive. The pictures right from the hospital she doesn't have socks on because she just had her PKU test done and the nurses told us to leave them off. (Just in case you were going to scold me like the random lady did in the lobby of the hospital.) I swear when you have a baby everyone feels the need to put their two cents in! ;)








No comments: