Tuesday, September 2, 2008

So far so good

The year is underway! I can't believe I've already made it through six days of school - man, the beginning of the year flies! I have the best class I've ever had this year! They all listen (as well as five year olds can) and are the smartest group coming in that I've had. I'm not at that "attached" state yet that I've gotten with all my other classes, but I know I will. I really think God was looking out for me this year knowing that I would have to be out on maternity leave.

I've also got an amazing new TA who is just wonderful! She's going to UTA at night and wants to be a teacher. She is great with the kids and picks up things so quickly which makes my job that much easier. I know I'll be leaving my class in good hands while I'm gone. I'm still stressed about making lesson plans for six weeks, but I'm not nearly as worried as I was before.

Here are some pictures of my room before the kids came in on day one. It will look a lot different by the end of the year when all the stations and such are up and running. :)



No comments: