Sunday, December 21, 2008

Away in a Manger

Today Cody, Kaitlyn, and I got to light the advent candles at church. It was a pretty exciting time for us as a family. I was really nervous that Kaitlyn would be crying or fussy, and she was right before. We ended up having to feed her in the pew right before we went down to the candles. But we got her fed in time and she did wonderful! The song right before we came down was amazing!! It was called, "Here With Us" and there was a part when it talked about Mary rocking her savior to sleep. I looked down at Kaitlyn and how small she was and how much she needed me - for pretty much everything. It's hard to believe Jesus was ever like that, but that's part of what makes Him so amazing. I am so thankful that God decided to send his Son and I cannot wait until I get to teach that to Kaitlyn!

We went down to light the candles during Away in a Manger and I almost lost it. Being caught up in the amazement of God and then thinking of my sweet family just choked me up. I thought of how Kaitlyn's coming into this world was not easy - right from the beginning. Then I looked around and saw so many faces from my loving church family smiling down and us and I realized how very blessed we are. We've had so many people praying and loving us and I cannot express how thankful I am for that. This Christmas will be the best one I've ever had. I have so many blessings including my precious little daughter. And I think back to that manger that had the biggest blessing that this world will ever receive. Praise God for his Son!

1 comment:

Heather said...

*Because I moved this from my old blog*


Nuge and CJ said...

This was an amazing entry. This got me choked up and I don't even know you.
December 26, 2008 at 10:42 PM