Monday, December 29, 2008

HUGE Responsibility!

I've been working on cleaning out our house, which is different from cleaning up the house. We just have too much stuff! Anyway, while I clean I like to listen to music, because well, without music it's just boring. :) So Kaitlyn and I were in the back room (office/guest room) and I had on 94.9 which is the Christian station here. The Casting Crowns song, "Slow Fade" came on. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this group. All their songs are just amazing! The kid singing at the end always gets me, but today it was a different line in the song that stopped me in my tracks. There is a line that says, "Be careful little feet where you go, for it's the little feet behind you that are sure to follow." Wow. That says it all right there. Kaitlyn will be watching Cody and I to learn about life. How we interact with each other, family, and friends, how we eat, how we keep house, how we worship, how we talk, - everything. What an amazing responsibility! I've been "looked at" before being a teacher and I've seen kids imitate me. (You find out real quick what phrases you use a lot when you teach kindergarten!) :) But now I'm not Mrs. Bush, the teacher. I am Mom. That word hasn't even sunk in yet. Maybe it's because Kaitlyn isn't using it yet, but somehow it hadn't hit me yet. But Mom - that's me now. And Cody is no longer just Cody - he's Dad. We have such a job ahead of us! I am thankful I have a wonderful, loving, and Godly husband that is here to help me with this job. This is the most important job either one of us has ever held! It scares me and thrills me all at the same time. I know the years ahead will be full of laughter, tears, and prayers as we figure it all out. And we will be watching what we do because Kaitlyn will be watching us.

No comments: