Thursday, June 17, 2010

Birthday Surprise

Today is my 28th birthday - and I'm sad to say I actually had to think about that. I forget how old I am lately. I remember someone asking me at a friend's baby shower earlier this year and I got tongue tied. I felt so silly - who forgets how old they are? Luckily, one of my best friends, Ryley, did the same thing a few weeks ago so I know I'm not the only one. Wonder what that says about us though Ryley... :)

Anyway, tonight Cody has a big night planned. We're going to Texas De Brazil (oh my gosh yummy! The cheese...oh the cheese that they have..and the bacon wrapped chicken....but I digress...) and then to see Wicked. I am sooooo very excited about Wicked. Cody bought the tickets months ago when they first went on sale and got really great seats. He told me that was my birthday present and I was beyond fine with knowing way ahead of time. I would have ended up buying tickets myself for fear of it being sold out. But with that being my present I wasn't expecting what happened last night.

Cody and I were playing Trivial Pursuit (the 90's edition one) in our bed. Yeah, we're weird like that, but honestly some of our best conversations have been while we've been playing board games in our bed. I love it and wouldn't change it for the world! Anyone who has played Trivial Pursuit knows it takes forever and a day to play, and it was getting really late. I was getting really tired and Cody could see that. He told me he would be right back. I thought he was going to let Darcy out, turn something off, etc. He came back to bed and had this little smile on his face that meant he was up to something. Then from behind his back he pulled out a small box from Zales. I was shocked! Like I said, I wasn't expecting anything else for my birthday so he 110% caught me off guard. I opened the box and there they were....
Diamond earrings. Now, I normally don't consider myself a superficial person. I am beyond cheap when it comes to most thing...I did say most things because I'd being lying otherwise. But for the most part, I could care less about what label is on my jeans, shoes, etc. But when I saw this my heart just swelled. I've wanted diamond earring for so long. I had my ears pierced as a girl with fake ones and I wore them all the time. To me diamond studs are just the epitome of class. Needless to say I LOVE them and put them on right away...and I haven't taken them off yet. I'm in love - and not just with the earrings. I'm in love with a man who can still surprise me. I'm in love with a man that wants me to feel special on my birthday. I'm in love with a man who loves me enough to play board games with me in bed. And to me, that makes me one lucky girl this birthday! :)

1 comment:

Peas & Carrots said...

HAHAHA....I'm not really sure what that says about us...other than "we're gettn old sister" lol :p
Oh well....oooooooooooooo-AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH, gorgeous, beautiful beautiful earrings!!!! Good job Cody :) I love that ya'll play board games in bed too ;p But anywho....Glad you're having a wonderful birthday. You deserve it!
Love ya :)