Monday, August 6, 2012

Donors Choose

If you are a teacher you NEED to know about Donors Choose.

If you love to support teachers and students you NEED to know about Donors Choose.

Basically, Donors Choose is awesome.  End of story.

Donors Choose is a website where teachers can post projects that they would like to have funded in their classroom.  Teachers can request things from materials, books, furniture, guest speakers, and even field trips.  Other people can read the projects, and then choose to fund them in part or all of it.

Go check it out here.

Amazing huh?

Personally I have had several projects funded.  My brother was the first one who told me about this site, and I have to admit I didn't believe it until the very first box of materials came to my classroom.

In return for the donation, teachers are asked to create a thank you package which includes letters from the students, a letter from the teacher, and pictures of the students using what was bought.  (With signed permissions slips from parents of course!)  But what teacher wouldn't want to send a thank you?

So one of my latest projects was probably one of my most expensive because it was a piece of furniture.  Anyone in the teaching world knows that furniture costs an arm and a leg, so I honestly didn't think this one would get funded.

But on Saturday my amazing parents decided to fully fund the rest of the amount.  Talk about thankful! I love them so much and I love that they support me in teaching.  Both of my parents are/were accountants (my dad actually works for the FDIC now).  They have never once made me feel bad about wanting to serve as a teacher.  They have supported me 100% of the way.  I am forever grateful to them for that.

So this is what I'm getting!  I'm so pumped!!!


So, go check out Donors Choose and good luck!!!

No comments: