Friday, July 25, 2008

7 Months Down!

Geez - where is the time going? I cannot believe I'm really seven months pregnant! I keep watching the count down and today it says 83 days to go. In my mind I think, "Oh, that's so far off," but when I really stop to think about it, it's not! I went to Garden Ridge last weekend and was shocked to see all their Halloween decorations already out. I froze and thought - Kaitlyn will be here in October. Garden Ridge is more prepared for October than I am right now!

We have the office all moved to downstairs and her nursery is on it's way to being complete! Her crib is up complete with bedding. That day was pretty amazing to me - just looking at the crib knowing that in a few months my little Katiebug will be there! (Okay, so I won't be able to call her Katiebug anymore, but that's what I had been calling her since we picked a name...but that's a whole other issue that just isn't "appropriate" for blogging...I'm getting past it....really I am....I just had to use it one last time.) :(

Darcy knows something is going on, but she can't quite figure it out. Cody and I keep using Kaitlyn's name and saying, "This is for baby Kaitlyn" but all Darcy does is turn her head to the side in confusion. It will be very interesting to see how she reacts when she really is here. Her world is about to change...as is ours!

As far as I'm concerned I'm feeling great, except for the massive heartburn I get almost every day (and night) now! I think it's more of acid reflux than heartburn, and I've read it's normal, but man, it is killer! I was out of Tums last night and near tears and Cody was so sweet to run to the store for me. You have never seen someone down those things as fast as I did last night. And I've heard it only gets worse from here. Great. Just great. But you know, when my back is hurting, or the reflux is really bad all she has to do is kick once and then I think it's all worth it. Soon I'll be holding her and all the aches and pains of pregnancy will be a distant memory.

Oh, and my grandmother has already passed down a sweet tradition to Kaitlyn. My grandmother has always bought a hallmark keepsake ornament each year for each of her six grandchildren. This year she got Kaitlyn's very first one so that the tradition can start for her. Trust me, it's great once you get married because you actually have ornaments for the tree. And each one brings back memories of Christmas in the past. My grandmother gets them in July and she already sent over Kaitlyn's. Here it is!

1 comment:

Heather said...

*Because I moved this from my old blog*

Christina said...

That was a very sweet entry!! I am excited for you. It is amazing how time flies. We can't wait to meet her.
Christina S.
July 29, 2008 at 11:58 AM