Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Love and Pillows

I have one amazing husband. I already knew it, but sometimes he blows my mind.

I've been having a horrible time sleeping lately - I never knew how much of a stomach and back sleeper I was until I couldn't do it. The whole sleeping on my side thing was good in theory, but my arms would go to sleep and I just couldn't get comfortable. I was telling about all my aches and pains to one of my friends, Melanie, and she told me about this pregnancy pillow. It's in the shape of a c and she was swearing by it. So I went home (well, to my parents' house...read the other blog for that one) and searched to see what it was all about. I read reviews from other preggos saying it was amazing as well, so I told Cody I was going to give it a shot. Trust me, at the point I was at I would have tried just about anything.

Well, that Saturday I had a wedding to work at church. I had to be there at 11:00 and I wasn't finished until after 4:00. I got back to my parents' house and Cody was out helping some of our friends pick up a lawn mower - the perks of having a truck! :) I went upstairs to change my clothes and there on the bed was the pillow I had been talking about. He had said nothing at all to me about going out and getting it, and I had just got off the phone with him and he didn't even so much as mention it. Maybe it was the hormones or exhaustion, or the combo of the two, but I started to cry. I am so very thankful to have a loving husband that cares so much for me. It wasn't even the "purchasing" of the pillow. It was that he had listened to me, knew I was miserable, and went out of his way to do something to help me. How very blessed I am!

Oh, and for anyone wondering - it actually does work! It's a funny looking thing, but I love it and can actually sleep now! :)

Kaitlyn, I hope you will hold out for a man just like your daddy. I want you to find someone who listens to you and who cares for you. I want you to find someone that loves you and wants to see you happy and that still surprises you after years of marriage. I can't wait for you to meet the man that does that for me! He loves you so much already!!!

No comments: