Thursday, July 31, 2008

She wore an itsy bitsy teeny weeny...

I just have to tell this story - it was just way too cute not to share!

My sweet husband and I were at Target the other day to update our registry and we walked past the swimsuits...not the baby swimsuits, but the normal women's swimsuits. Cody kinda stopped and looked a little sick. I asked him what was wrong and he told me he had a horrible flash into the future. I looked at him thinking he'd better not be thinking about the baby weight! But when he explained I nearly died laughing in the store. He said one day Kaitlyn is going to want to wear a bathing suit. I told him, yeah, she probably would. He informed me that he would be going with her to pick it out once she got older. I asked him what made him think she would want him there. His answer was if she wants to be able to wear one he was going with her and making sure it was "appropriate." He was so dead serious and already very worried. It was beyond sweet!! She's not even here yet and he's already got the protective daddy bit down! I love him more than I can say! :)



Oh, and we go to our birthing class this Saturday...I'm sure there will be a post after that!

1 comment:

Heather said...

*Because I moved this from my old blog*


Kristi said...

ok== so tell your husband this-- in order to buy any bathing suit growing up- not only did my dad go-- but i had to walk ALL the way out of the dressing room and show my dad. he said if i was too embarrassed to walk out there- i didn't need to wear it at all. of course he had moments that he got me-- he sent back see through bathing suits-- ones that were too small etc...he got a good laugh out of it-- i wish i had the courage to walk out-- or at least make him think i was coming out in one of those!
August 5, 2008 at 8:54 PM



Amanda said...

Oh that is too precious. Colin has an ongoing thing w/ his buds and vice versa that if they have girls, all what they are going to be allowed to wear are sweatsuits LOL!
August 24, 2008 at 2:41 PM