Tuesday, July 1, 2008

FRUSTRATED!!!

So tomorrow will mark two weeks of no air conditioner in the Bush home. Talk about bad timing - it's July now, we live in Texas, and I'm six months pregnant. ICK. That's about the only word I can use now - ICK. Cody and I have been staying at my parents' house, which I am so very thankful for, but gosh, I just really want to be home. I had just about packed up the office and was ready to move it all downstairs (well, to be honest, have Cody move it downstairs), I was actually catching up on my scrapbooking, and just enjoying my summer of doing nothing I absolutely had to do. I promised myself I wasn't going to teach summer school and I was taking a semester break from grad school because this is my last summer that is just to me - preKaitlyn. Now I know I probably sound like a little kid because really two weeks isn't that big of a deal, but it's just frustrating. I'm not the type of person to just sit around and watch t.v. or movies - I like to have a project going on. And at my parents' there just isn't much to do. I've done the shopping thing, done the reading thing, and even went through some of my old stuff that my parents so graciously store over at their house still. But now I am bored out of my mind!! Hopefully we'll have air tomorrow though...at least that's what the air company is telling us now anyway. Of course we thought we were going to have it Monday, and the Saturday before that...just FYI - DO NOT get your home warranty through First American. They are horrible! After being put on hold forever and FINALLY getting someone to come out and look at our problem we find out they will replace the unit, but that we have a ton of charges we're responsible for in "upgrades." Reluctantly, we approved the upgrades and waited on our air conditioner repair man to come out...only the day we were told nobody called us, so we called to find out what was going on. Oh, First American had forgotten to place the order. SERIOUSLY. OH, but they did offer us $75 to buy fans - come on. Did I mention - July, Texas, six months pregnant??? Oh, and try cooling off a two story house with a few fans - not happening.

Oh well, it could be worse. I know I should be counting my blessings. Thank goodness we have family close so we don't have to stay in a hotel. I'm very thankful that we will eventually have air - I know I have lots to be thankful for - I really do. I just want to go home!!! Hopefully the next time I'm writing will be from MY house.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I hope you are back in your own home by now!! What a time for the air conditioning to go out! As you said-- at least you have family here!
I believe we are going to visit FBC in the morning--7/6. We are looking for a new church home---
Maybe we will see you!

Kristi said...

Hey-- Ok so tell me which service you would suggest? There were not many people there last week- being a holiday weekend. I would love to get suggestions from you! Thanks-- you can email or call- 817 360 5344-- cell

The Piersons said...

That would be so frustrating Heather, I can not imagine life without AC in Texas! I can't believe you are already 6 months pregnant, that is so exciting.