Thursday, July 23, 2009

3 Year Anniversary

Yesterday Cody and I celebrated 3 years of marriage! I cannot believe how quickly time flies now! He had to work, but in the late afternoon he called me and told me I needed to be ready to leave at 6:30. I asked about Kaitlyn and he told me that my mom was coming over to feed her dinner and eventually put her to bed, then Caleb (Cody's younger brother) was going to stay over while Kaitlyn was asleep until we got home. Wow - pretty impressed that Cody arranged all that.

Later Cody got home and found his gift that I had laid out for him. Since three years is leather I got him a leather travel bag and filled it with all sorts of silly travel things. I also got him a golf ball bucket and some practice balls since he likes to chip in our back yard. I made some golf voucher things too (yeah, I'm a dork) since I wanted to buy him some tee times, but I wanted him to pick out the places.

This is what he got me for the leather gift...

I really needed a case for my iphone since I use big mama purses now and it gets just thrown around in there so it was perfect! But then I opened it up and saw...

I literally gasped. It was so beautiful! He was so proud of himself and said, the three stones represent our past, present, and future. (I acted like I had never heard of that before...sorry if you read this honey!) I was not expecting that at all!!

So after I explained everything to my mom we left for Fort Worth. We had a little bit of time to kill before our reservations he said so we walked around which I loved because there was live music and the weather was finally cooling off. We walked around Barnes and Noble and Cody did everything he could to keep me out of the children section - which is so much harder now that I'm a mom in addition to kindergarten teacher! Then we headed towards the restaurant. We went to Texas de Brazil which I had never been to before, but have heard great things about. Oh. My. Gosh. It was sooooo good!!! The salad bar was amazing!!! It had all kind of cheeses that you don't see many other places (at least not anywhere we go normally) so I felt like I was in Heaven!! After your salad you turn this card over at your table and then servers bring all types of meat that can chose to get. They cut if for you right at your table. There was bacon wrapped chicken, filets, sausage, lamb, and so much more. It was some of the best stuff I have ever had! You also had mashed potatoes and fried bananas as sides. Needless to say we stuffed ourselves. Here are some pictures from one of their sites so you can see what it looked like.
Last night was just amazing, but what's even more amazing is that I can continue to fall more in love with Cody year after year. Of course our marriage isn't perfect - whose is? But I cannot see myself without him. He is such a great listener, supporter, and above all he makes me laugh. And I have watched him become the best daddy that a little girl can have and I am beyond blessed. I cannot wait to see what the future holds for us!!!

No comments: