Sunday, July 12, 2009

4th of July

We had so much fun for the 4th!!! Kaitlyn did AWESOME in the car. Let me just tell you - that new toy trick was so great!! I bought a pack that had two things in it - a phone and a key ring with an alarm fob. Both had buttons and sounds so I knew she would love them. And I spent just six dollars for the both of them - very much worth it!!! I'm going to get her a little something like that the next time we travel since it worked so well the first time.

It was so good to see Cody's extended family. We played games, made ice cream, talked, the girls swam, and we even napped. (Which might have been my favorite part!) It was fun to have Kaitlyn there with everyone again. Most of Cody's extended family hadn't seen her since Easter and boy has she changed since then!! She loved Cody's Uncle Randy and his mustache! The only bad thing was the weather - it was so stinking hot!!! But thank goodness for the air conditioner!! When it was too hot to sit outside we just moved in. And really I could have hacked it out on the porch with all the fans, but the babies were getting too flushed. We didn't do fireworks or anything this year - they started around 9:00 and both girls were out before 8:00. But I can just imagine what next year will be like! They'll be running around and hopefully we'll get them to stay up to see the fireworks. But it's truly amazing to have family so close. I know it will be so good for Kaitlyn as she grows up.

No comments: