Friday, July 16, 2010

Paging Rebecca Bloomwood!

So yeah - summertime. Time for organizing, time for cleaning, and of course time for shopping. During the school year I hate shopping on the weekend. It seems like everyone is always out so I try to squeeze it in on a random weeknight. But in the summer I can go out several times in the middle of day and am met with less crowded stores - ahhh...perfection.

In my quest to find the perfect birthday present for my precious little almost two year old (wow...typing that makes me sad) I ended up at the Mattel factory store in Fort Worth. This week was their "Girl Stuff Sale." I knew exactly what I wanted to get and that's all I was going to get. But shortly after I arrived and looked around, I realized they didn't have what I wanted. But then my mind starting working....

- But I drove all the way out here....
- Kaitlyn is at the sitter today and any other day I'd have her with me so I might as well look while she's not here....
- Christmas is not that far off...
-Oh! Disney dolls are on sale too!

Yeah, I totally had a major Rebecca Bloomwood moment. I justified buying things that I told myself I wouldn't. When Cody called later, he asked me if I got the dollhouse I told him I was driving out there for and I told him no. He didn't ask if I got anything else. :)

Then he got home and went into the back room. He saw my two bags of stuff and just smiled and kissed my forehead. I love that he can be my Luke Brandon to my inner Rebecca Bloomwood. :)

2 comments:

Tuyen Vo Kamo said...

Aww yall are getting her a dollhouse? Alyssa got one for Christmas and it came with literally a million pieces!!

Peas & Carrots said...

Awww, I LOVE that movie...I'd have done the same thing. Oh wait, I did, lol :P I already got ya'll's Christmas presents yesterday, haha :-)