Saturday, August 10, 2013

Let Them Be Little

I wasn't going to go shopping this weekend.  It is tax free weekend here in Texas and to me the crowds just aren't worth it.  But for some crazy reason I ventured out tonight with K because she does, in fact, need school clothes, and I just had that shopping bug.  I headed over to Kohls because it was 8:00 (yes, I was the mom that took my 4 year old out at 8:00 - judge if you must but it's still summer!)  and I figured most of the crowds would be gone.

I was right, but something much, much worse happened.

I discovered that K no longer needs the T in her clothing size.

That's right folks - she moved up to the "big little girl" clothes.

I HATE IT.

I hate it as in I'm in complete denial that my kid will be turning 5 next month.  I used to teach 5 year olds.  There is no way my daughter is that old.

So tonight after the horrible and shocking revelation, K and I ventured forth into uncharted water for us and scoped out the big girl section.

I HATE IT.

When did companies start trying to make kids look like adults?  And some not so classy ones at that!

Y'all.  I about had a heart attack.

We went from this:



to this:



Can you believe that?  My little girl is NOT - I repeat NOT - ready for dresses like that.  

And we wonder why girls are making questionable choices so much younger these days.  I know, I know, they aren't THAT bad, but it's little step by little step my friends.  These to me do not need to be on a 4 year old.  

I did manage to find one little girl looking dress and a few shirts, but I'm going to have to find some other stores to do some more shopping at because this seriously broke my heart.  




No comments: