Wednesday, August 7, 2013

What I'm Loving Wednesday


So I keep seeing this post series on several of the blogs I'm following and I just love reading what everyone is loving.  I decided I need to join in the fun!

This week I am LOVING (and am slightly addicted to) my new Silhouette Cameo!!!  It is amazing!  I splurged a little and bought it about two weeks ago (with an educators discount) and it came this past weekend.  For my first test project, I simply cut my daughter's name on paper and it was so easy!








I still can't believe how easy it is to use the software and the machine itself.  So the next thing I went for was the vinyl.  I'm also loving that Hobby Lobby had it 50% off this week!  Score!  I made this cute little box for my recess stuff (bandaids, tissues, nurse pass, etc.).



Then I got really excited and made a header for my AWESOME find on a road trip I took last weekend.  More on that later...


So I guess you could say I'm REALLY LOVING that thing!

I'm also loving my new Jamberry nails.  I was never that girly growing up, but I am now raising one of the girliest girls I've ever known and she is really rubbing off on me.  :)  So when I saw that one of my sweet sorority sisters was selling these I thought I'd give them a try.  I love having cute toes, but always pay so much to get the cute designs.  The designs themselves cost me an extra $10-$15 at the saloon, and one sheet of these nails is $15 and you get more than one application from the sheet.  Now, I will say that I had my doubts about these working, but I'm now a believer!  My toes have stayed looking like these for weeks now!  I'm hooked!


I'm loving spending so much time with my daughter before school starts.  This time of year I start getting really sappy, so K and I have been spending so much time looking at old pictures and videos lately.  We both laugh and I might cry...maybe.  But seriously - look at this baby!!!  I can't believe that she will be five next month!

I can't believe how young she looks in this picture.  Oh my gosh how quickly the time goes!

On a much more serious note, I'm loving my father-in-law so much lately.  Remember when I asked y'all to pray for my family?  Well, it turns out my father-in-law has cancer.  It started in his lungs, but he now has spots on his esophagus, liver, and spine.  He started chemo last Friday.  It's been a crazy fast process since we found out, but I love how he is already using what is happening to him to glorify God.  He stated while he was in the hospital how much it meant to him when visitors came, and he now knows he wants to minister more to people like that when they are in those situations.  Part of the the tumor the doctor removed will also be sent off for testing for cancer research and he started to think maybe that's why God allowed the cancer - so that others can learn about the next steps towards curing it.  He is an amazing man and I'm so thankful to be a part of his family.

1 comment:

Leigh Anne said...

I'm loving all these things! And I'm loving that you are blogging again...keep it up girl :)