Friday, July 26, 2013

Diggin' It!

Joining up on another linky party!  This time it's from Bunting, Books, and Bainbridge

It's always fun to see what each class is "into" each year.  I'm getting better at keeping up with the "in" things now that I have a daughter that keeps getting closer to first grade age (Wait, what??  How the heck did that happen?)

So here is what my class of first graders last year were digging!  :)

1.  Skylander Giants & Lego Ninjago - Oh my goodness I had to google these things so many times when I was publishing writing stories so I knew how to spell the characters right!  I was able to find some Lego Ninjago books at Barnes and Noble to bring into our library and you would have thought I brought gold!


2.  Junie B. Jones - love this silly little girl!  My students love her because they LOVE reading chapter books!  That, and she is just so stinking funny!  I also read a chapter from a Junie B. book the last few minutes of class each day once we are all packed up.  The boys and girls love these books!


3.  Coolmathgames.com - During D of BUILD or if students finish their assignment in the computer lab and have some free time, my kiddos usually end up here.


4.  Piggie and Gerald - Anyone that knows me as a teacher knows that I have a very strong obsession love of Mo Willems.  So it never surprises me that my kids end up loving Trixie and the Pigeon, but they always ADORE Piggie and Gerald.  Those books are awesome for so many reasons!


5.  Shaped erasers - We have machines that sell erasers at our school, and I'm sure we make some pretty good money on these things because my goodness my class alone bought so many this year!!!

It will be interesting to see what my new group of first graders will dig this year!




4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing the things your kids dig! Love Mo, too! Just found you today and am a new follower...

Smiles,
Sarah @ Hoots N' Hollers

Christina Bainbridge said...

Thanks for linking up... this looks like good stuff! My kiddos would flip for those erasers!

:)
Christina
*Bunting, Books, and Bainbridge*

Stacey said...

I have never read Piggie and Gerald books. My son loves all of the Knuffle Bunny books. Do you read those to your students? I would love to because I love them. I will definitely check out Piggie and Gerald!

Heather said...

Love the Knuffle Bunny books too - for my first graders as well as my daughter! You will love the Piggie and Gerald books! They are great for reader's theater as well!