Monday, July 22, 2013

God Knew That I Needed You

Today I have been married to my best friend for 7 years now.  Sometimes it seems like we just got married yesterday, but most times it's hard for me to even remember what it felt like not to have Cody in my life.  I thank God each and every day for the amazing gift I have in being Cody's wife.  I truly am one lucky girl.

One of the things I love doing each year on our anniversary is watching our wedding dvd.  It has become even more special now that we have lost some family members that were there that day.   I am so thankful that we both have such amazing, loving families that have taught us how to build a life together.




Yep - that's the song we picked for our wedding video.  :)

Cody surprised me with this song on our wedding day.  I love that he has still kept the element of surprise in our marriage.  Whether it's sending me chocolate covered strawberries to work on a random day, surprising me with trips, or getting all our friends and family together for a take two proposal - that boy has never stopped making me feel special.




That boy also has me so figured out now, and I'm so grateful that he has put up with me for so many years!

He knows me well enough that on Valentine's Day when I'm teaching and everyone is getting flowers, he sends a huge Cherry Dr. Pepper and a purple bag of skittles.  ;)

He can end an argument we're having by making me laugh midway and I love him so much for that!

He knows what I truly hate doing (taking the dogs to the vet, getting my car inspected, etc.) and does them for me without complaining.

He actually encourages me to go shopping and spend money on myself.

He winks at me from across the room when we are in a large group because he knows how anxious I can get in big social settings.

He dances with me in our living room in front of our daughter.  Sometimes she even gets to cut in.  ;)

He listens to endless hours of "teacher talk" and truly knows all my students' names and personalities each year.

He puts up with the "I don't know exactly what I want, but I want it now" theme that continually pops up in my life.  (He should seriously get a gold medal for that one folks!)

He knows that my idea of a perfect night is some Taco Bueno and playing board games.

He takes the time each day to hug me for a long time when we finally both get home from work - no matter how tired we are.  I look forward to that moment each and every weekday.


We've been through 4 years of long distance dating, a two year engagement (so I could know what it was like to live by myself for a year - again y'all - this man deserves a gold medal), two houses, job changes, parenting, teaching Sunday school together, and so much more.  I can't imagine my life with anyone else.  I love this man so much and cannot wait for the next 50+ years with him!

2 comments:

Leigh Anne said...

Sweetest post ever!!! Happy 7!!

Leigh Anne said...

And oh my gosh, that second video!!! (Well both of them are great but wow!) Love your "whats going on?" face at the beginning! So special!