Saturday, July 20, 2013

Office Update

Since we've moved I've been excited about having my own office and decorating it.  You can see my first baby steps here.

I've never been that great at decorating, but I feel like I'm getting a little better thanks to Pinterest and the blogs I've been reading.

Here is what I've added since my last post.


I LOVE my new rug that I found at Garden Ridge!   That place has always been hit or miss with me, but I was so excited to find this!  I've had lots of luck finding rugs there for our new house.  I found one for K's room, one for K's playroom, and a small one for the kitchen all at Garden Ridge at different times.  I'm still not sure about the placement of the rug in the office.  I still want a love seat or bench type thing to go under the window that is between the two built in bookshelves, so the rug will most likely move once I find what I want.  

This was just a little something else I picked up to match the wall art I got at Hobby Lobby.  It was 50% off so ended up being a little over $2.00.  It makes me smile every time I look at it.  :)

When I got the rug at Garden Ridge I also bought some gray boxes to put some of my books in.  I know that sounds weird, but I think it gives the shelves a more put together look.  I thought about doing the same thing to K's side, but man she has a lot of books!  I guess that's what happens when your mom is a first grade teacher and is OBSESSED with children's books.  :)  I'm thinking I might do some yellow boxes on her side...not sure yet.  

Here is the before of my shelves.  


Makes you cringe doesn't it?  


 Here's the after:
Much better!  (Well, to me anyway)  I'll eventually replace the boxes at the bottom with something that matches the yellow/gray colors.  I also got rid of some things in effort to decorate more like an adult....haha!  I moved my antique cameras from the living room to the top shelf, so now I'll be needing something else in the shelf in the living room.  :)

In other news...did anyone see this on Jimmy Fallon???


"Have mercy!"  :)  Gosh I miss Full House.  I love the end when "Aunt Becky" comes!

1 comment:

Leigh Anne said...

Love the progress! Looks great!! And ahh, full house! (Something from our childhood/middleschoolhood? that we have in common!)