Wednesday, August 14, 2013

What I'm Loving Wednesday

Here we go again with my second What I'm Loving Wednesday!  

I'm still REALLY loving my Silhouette Cameo.  Y'all - this thing is incredible!  I was so hesitant about using the print and cut feature, but man oh man it's amazing!  Check it out!
I printed these ADORABLE letters for my classroom using the Silhouette program and then loaded it back into the cutter.  
Do you see what it did?  SO COOL!  One of the Ps didn't cut all the way around, but when I went back to look at what I did in the program, I noticed that I didn't have the cut line all the way around it, so it was my fault.  It's a tad bit fuzzy on the top because my inpatient self ripped it from the paper instead of cutting it.  But look how much time it saved me by cutting out the rest.  I'm so in love with this thing!

I'm also apparently loving chevron a little more than I realized.  I started packing some stuff yesterday to take up to school and my bag looked like a chevron convention.

Hopefully it will go well with my zebra/jungle stuff that I'm going to slowly be weeding out I think.  I want to keep the zebra pattern (Still love that!), but less of the monkeys and what not.  I'm still not sure.  When I think I don't want it anymore, I go up to school and love it again.  We'll see what happens this year.

I'm also loving K's new school and teacher already!  It is going to be hard for them to match the love we felt from her old school, but I've heard nothing but great things and I'm ready to see what all K has in store this year!  We have Meet the Teacher tomorrow night and K begins on Monday.  She will even have homework this year!  (Have I mentioned lately I can't believe she will be 5 next month!)  Oooo - I should probably get started on her birthday party.....hmmmm...

Here she is with a letter she got in the mail from her new teacher.  :)

Lastly, I'm loving my class list!!!  It's so exciting to put names and faces to the kiddos that will be in our room this year!  It's going to be an awesome year again!  AND I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE MY FORMER STUDENTS!!!  One of the things I missed so much when I made the switch to a new school was not being able to visit with former students.  That was always one of my favorite parts of my job.  This year I get to do that again and I can't wait to hear all about their summers! 

1 comment:

Leigh Anne said...

Looks like K's teacher knows her so well already with the pink feather :)