Saturday, August 17, 2013

Liebster Award


So because I have been nominated for this twice now, I think I should probably actually do it.  I swear I'm the worst blogger ever!  I'm trying to get better!  ;)


As you may know, the Liebster Award is for up and coming blogs that have less than 200 followers. So what is a Liebster, you ask? Liebster is a German word that means sweetest, kindest, dearest, cute, endearing, etc. Such a thoughtful award! Here are the rules to accept this award:

[1] Link back to the person that nominated you.
[2] Answer the questions from your nominator.
[3] Share 11 random facts about yourself.
[4] Nominate 5 more blogs with less than 200 followers.
[5] Pose questions for your nominees

Thanks to Simply Swarbrick for nominating me! 

Here are the questions I was given to answer:
1. Why do you blog?
     I started blogging because I wanted to keep a history of happenings in my family.  I've always loved looking back on family pictures and videos and blogging helps me to remember things that I might not have unless I wrote them down.  I also blog sometimes as a form of therapy.  When someone is on my mind or heart sometimes the only thing I know to do is write about it.  

2. What is your go to dinner recipe?
     My go to?  Well - when I'm in a hurry and want something that everyone will eat we have brinner!  :)  Breakfast for dinner - with breakfast burritos, pancakes, cinnamon rolls - any of those or a combo of some!  Always a winner at my house!

3. How do you unwind after a long day?
     Snuggling with my daughter.  Talking to her about anything makes me calmer.  She has such a pure heart right now and I wish I could shield it from ever being broken.  Her joyful outlook helps me to put things back into perspective.   

4. What is your favorite blog post you've written?
     Hmmm...that's a tough one.  Probably this one.  It's kind of my soapbox.  Shaming children is still shaming children - even if you use cute clipart.  

5. What tips do you have for preparing for the week? (at work or at home)
     Pray.  Pray.  And pray some more.  Honestly - I feel like when I talk to God and hand things over to Him, things just seem to go better.  I just wish I remembered to do that in the little things like planning.  :)  Sunday nights my husband and I talk in bed about everything the week coming up holds and how we can help each other.  We started that last year and it helps so much!  We also use an app on our phone called Cozi which helps us know what all we have planned.  
  
6. If you were given $20 to spend on anything, what would you spend it on?
     Right now I'd probably go buy some really cute pens and pencils because those always make me happy in my classroom.  I always feel a bit guilty spending more on the cute ones, but they make me happier!

7. What does your perfect Saturday look like?
     Sleeping in and then having breakfast with my family.  Maybe hitting up an estate sale or antique store.  A fun lunch or dinner out.  Then just hanging out with my family either at home, shopping, or another fun activity.  I also really like when Cody takes K somewhere and I have at least an hour to myself.  I usually read, watch tv, or get on the computer and I just recharge.  I also love to shop at night by myself after K is in bed.  The crowds are gone and I can get some me time.  :)

8. Which season is your favorite and why?
     Fall - no question.  I love when the weather starts cooling off, but isn't too cold.  I love the smells and colors.  I love the holidays that are in Fall.  I seriously just love everything about Fall.  

9. What do you splurge on?
     Depends...I consider myself to be pretty thrifty, but every now and then I let myself splurge on things.  My most recent splurge was my Silhouette Cameo.  Truth be told though, most of splurges are on things for my daughter.  :)

10. Where would be your dream vacation spot be?
     I love history so I would love to go back to Europe and explore it more now that I'm older.  (I went when I was 15)  I also want to go to Australia and hold a koala.  

11. What do you pack for lunch during the week?
     I try to make enough dinner so that I have leftovers, but when that doesn't happen my most common go to meal is marinated mozzarella with cut up tomatoes and an avocado.  Sounds fancy, but trust me it's not.  It's super easy and quick to fix because you don't cut the avocado until lunch.  


11 random facts about me are:
1.  I can fold my tongue.  It really freaks my students out.  ;)
2.  My middle name is the same as my mom's, but she added an e at the end.  I've always thought that was interesting that she didn't give me the exact same one.  Her middle name is Ann and mine is Anne.
3.  I make up music videos that go along with my life in my head for songs I really like.
4.  I will ALWAYS fight for what I think is best for my students.  I like to consider myself a fairly easy to get along with person, but if you mess with my kids you will see Mama Bear come out.  Just ask my old vice principal when she told me my kindergarteners were going to have their individual pictures after lunch....on spaghetti day. 
5.  I am deathly afraid of roaches.  
6.  In high school I was in show choir and I loved it.  I would totally be in an adult one if things like that existed.  
7.  I will not eat seafood.  Anything that has lived in the water will not be going into my mouth.  I'm weird, I know.  And I went to college in Louisiana y'all.  It's not like I wasn't exposed to the good stuff.  
8.  I am such a chicken when it comes to needles and blood.  When I was pregnant I passed out more than once when they had to take my blood.  Just typing about it makes me a little light headed.  
9.  When I was little I thought for the longest time I was going to be an archaeologist.  I especially want to be one that got to work in Egypt.  
10.  I love a good montage.  Even if I don't know that people that it is about I love them, and have been known to cry at really sappy ones.  
11.  I am a firm believer that naps can cure a lot of problems.  


I nominate these great bloggers for this award:


And your questions are...
1.  What is one of your favorite family traditions?
2.  What is the best memory you have from elementary school?
3.  What is the worst memory you have from elementary school?
4.  If you could do anything in your life and you knew you couldn't fail at it, what would you do?
5.  What tends to be your soapbox?
6.  What do you do for fun?
7.  If you could have an endless supply of something in your life, other than money, what would it be.  And it has to be something you can touch - so no answers like love, honestly, etc.  :)
8.  What is your guilty pleasure tv show?
9.  What is something you want to improve?
10.  Do you have a question that you secretly cringe at any time someone asks you?
11.  What three words would you use to describe yourself?

1 comment:

Leigh Anne said...

I LOVED reading this!! Thanks for playing along :) Great idea to ask each other how you can help them in the coming week. We always talk about what's coming up but not how to help. Thanks for sharing that genius idea!