Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Jackpot!

Everyone loves a good bargain, but when you put children's books on sale and teachers find out, you'd better get out of the way. :) I've been to enough Scholastic warehouse sales to know just how hard core it can be. So I was a little bit more than excited when K's school director told me of this little bookstore in Arlington going out of business. She told me one day as I was picking K up from school. She mentioned all the children's books were 50 cents, so honestly in my mind I was thinking they must not be that great, but she told me she had wiped them out of Eric Carle books. Well, if they had Eric Carle they were bound to have some other decent ones right? So I buckled K up and headed right to that bookstore.

Ummmm....MOTHERLOAD!!!

It was like I had stepped into a book shopping dream. There were tons of great books and sure enough all of them were 50 cents - even hardback. I quickly grabbed a basket and started my work of going though as many books as I could. I had a little over an hour until they closed.

My first shopping trip there is the first picture below. I ended up spending $33. I bought so many books for K, my classroom, and even my niece who loves Strawberry Shortcake.

So I posted the first pic on facebook and some of my friends went to grab some crazy bargains as well. My friend Chelsea went on Friday and the owner told her that they were bringing in more books from storage the next morning.

So of course I had to head back up there the next morning. Duh.

They were supposed to open at 10:00. but it being a family owned shop I went a little early and my instincts were right. I arrived about 9:30 and they were already opened. This time the shopping was a bit dirtier though. They had literally brought in bins from storage and they were quite dusty. But of course that didn't stop me from going through each and every bin.

My second trip I ended up spending $38. I still can't believe I got all the books pictured below for just over $70. It blows my mind.




No comments: