Thursday, July 26, 2012

Target Toy Clearance

Today was the day I've been waiting for - the day all the money saving mama blogs said that Target would put several toys on clearance for 70% off.

I first heard about this day last year when a friend I grew up with posted a picture of her finds and talked about how much money she saved.  I remember asking her about it via facebook and then quickly grabbing my keys and driving to 3 (yes, 3) Targets that night.  I came home with some cool finds for Christmas and some birthday presents.

Now, for those of you who don't know, Target does this twice a year.  Once in January and once in July.  They do this so that they can clear some space for the new toys coming in that season.  The markdowns usually happen slowly, but eventually all the toys they want to get rid of get down to 70% off.

So I was ready today.  Since it's Thursday K had school.  She goes Tuesdays and Thursdays in the summertime.  I normally take her about 9:30 in the summer, but because today was THE day I took her a bit earlier.  I hit up my first Target a few minutes past 8:00, and was finished with my fourth Target a little after 10:00.  Not bad if I do say so myself.

I was able to find a lot better things than I did last year.  When I added up all the original prices, it ended up being $213.  I paid $68.  I'm pretty darn proud of that!

I was able to get 3 upcoming birthday presents and 2 Christmas presents for some kiddos in my family in addition to some things for K.

I love a great bargain shopping trip!  I seriously get way more excited than I probably should.  :)
Retail: $213     Paid: $68

2 comments:

Leigh Anne said...

SO proud :) is it sad that i can't wait for when we have kids & i can go to the target toy day???

momto8blog said...

oh yes!! I got many of my kids Christmas presents now! I learned to keep a list of what I bought...o when the salon comes I remember!! how fun knowing how much you pad!!
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.