Monday, July 23, 2012

Bloggy Blog Blog

Let's just face it....

I'm a horrible blogger.  

I have the best of intentions, yet somehow I never follow through with them...at least in the blog world. I'm not even sure who reads this other than a few friends here and there.  But that's okay with me because I honestly think this is more for me.

Some recent family events sparked my heart a bit and I decided I wanted to start a journal of family happenings.  Not so much one for my emotions and what not, but more of just a simple record of things that happen in our family.  So I bought this adorable little journal at the beginning of July and I keep it on my nightstand for easy access.   

For the record - I'm pretty horrible at keeping that too.  

But I have to ask myself - why do I want to journal or blog?  Sometimes it just seems so self absorbed. 

Then I go back to one of the blog entries when I was pregnant and suddenly my mind and heart are brought back to that time.  Things I thought I would never forget have casually slipped my mind, and I'm so very thankful that there are recorded somewhere.  

So I NEED to make it more of a habit to blog.  Maybe it's stupid stuff...maybe it's serious.  

Maybe I just need a blog "accountability partner" like Christians have for furthering their walk with God.  Maybe I need to just make it part of my nightly routine.  Who knows?  Either way I want to do it more often.  

I also want to blog about some of my teaching, except there is no way my blog will ever be like those over the top crazy awesome teacher blogs out there!  Where in the world do they get the time to do all that they do?  

Those chicks deserve capes to wear.  

For real.

Now, that won't be me, but I would like to record some classroom things here and there.  But I think I'll just tack it on to this blog...one more blog just doesn't make sense to have when I can barely keep up with this one and the one about Kaitlyn.  (UPDATE: I thought I could "just tack it on" to this one with the pages feature, but I was wrong.  So I did end up starting a whole new teaching blog.  Sigh) ;)

Let's see how long this lasts.....

No comments: